Day 44: Christmas day in Phu Quoc
Narrator: Our excited adventurers had landed on the tropical Vietnamese island just in time for festivities on the beach and in the sun. But the reality of the day, along with the pressures of enjoying their only Christmas away from home to the max got the better of them. They might be able to laugh about it now, but Christmas Day in Phu Quoc was a bit of a Phu-flop!!!
- Gav got Claire's germs on Xmas Eve and it quickly progressed into the deadly man-flu overnight.
- Claire and Gav venture out optimistically to find a delicious breakfast on the seafront. They fail, miserably.
- And got sunburnt.
- They did however get to see the sea. And saw a snake!
- Before making it back to bathe around the pool. Just in time for the heavens to open and lash cats and dogs down on their glum little faces ALL. DAY. Long.
- Poorly Gav had a nap.
- Claire drowned her sorrows. For both of them.
- Later that eve Claire and Gav decide to embrace the rain but only got to the first restaurant before Claire's wind sailing poncho nearly lost her in Typhoon Tembin forever.
- As a festive surprise, the restaurant had entertainment in the form of a Flilipino sibling singing duo and the "sexy dancers".
- Claire tried Vietnamese wine for the first time. And last time.
- Gav doesn't feel well. He reminded Claire of this on a half hourly basis.
- Claire and Gav agree to pretend this was a false alarm and wasn't Christmas at all that day. And have re-arranged the Christmas Day fixture for another day soon.